Better quality control with vision at Pågen
Pågen needed to develop the quality control for filling its popular croissants. Both to obtain the capacity to handle more types, but also to improve the product and have a more satisfied end consumer. Elektroautomatik found a solution.
Confidence in Elektroautomatik
Elektroautomatik’s vision expert, Erik Danauskis, has previously delivered several vision solutions to Pågen and is well acquainted with the company.
Pågen was facing an increase in the breadth of the assortment and needed a solution with the capacity to quality assure more types of filling for its croissants. They also wanted to seize the opportunity to increase the quality control to reduce the risk that croissants without, or with too little filling, found their way to the end consumer.
– Pågen stands for quality and this is a typical investment we make to strengthen the brand, says Markus Ulvemyr, Maintenance Engineer at Pågen and responsible for the project. The previous vision solution was old and a simpler model. With the help of the technical upgrade, we could develop the end product, which, in its entirety created conditions for attaining a more satisfied end consumer.
Elektroautomatik was asked quickly once the internal decision was taken.
– The largest factor was our confidence in Elektroautomatik. That they are moreover unique in their competence and a strong supplier of the Cognex vision camera, made the choice of supplier simple.
“It is important that the customer feels confident with us as supplier. During the project, the technical solution was tested together with the customer’s product, both in our vision lab and out with the customer.”
The technology develops based on the customer’s needs
At the start of the project, all questions and problems were on the table.
– We agreed that some parts would be solved along the way. We had good communication and no surprises popped up, Markus says.
– It is important that the customer feels confident with us as supplier, Erik says. During the project, the technical solution was tested together with the customer’s product, both in our vision lab and out with the customer. For this reason, some parts are going to be developed and changed during the course of the project.
Before the project is concluded, Elektroautomatik verifies and quality assures the station to ensure that the new solution meets the customer’s requirements.
Elektroautomatik provides support with training
In order for Pågen to manage the new equipment itself, all those concerned received training from Elektroautomatik.
– If we deliver a solution that needs training, we always offer it, Erik says. The customer must be able to manage the equipment in his production plant unimpeded. Then, if there are further needs of service and support, we offer that, of course. For example, we have a very skilled service department that has solutions for most problems.