On behalf of a customer, Elektroautomatik replaced a vertical conveyor. This has resulted is a safer and more reliable plant.
It is very important that it works faultlessly
– The previous vertical conveyor was no longer up to scratch mechanically. It had become both expensive with repairs and keeping it in place was risky for the entire production. In the worst case, if the lift stops the entire factory stops, the customer’s project manager says.
Elektroautomatik is well-known at the customer’s and was the obvious actor during the procurement of a supplier. Moreover, they have previously delivered several vertical conveyors with good results.
– In this case, Elektroautomatik had already delivered the adjoining equipment, which is connected to the conveyor, which gave them a technical advantage, the customer says. But, it was also an advantage that they had supplied similar solutions with good results previously.
With its solution, Elektroautomatik was responsible for a total solution including all roles: project management, mechanical and electrical design, programming, installation as well as commissioning. To increase the safety for the customer’s personnel moving around the plant, Elektroautomatik also developed a specially adapted safety solution.
Niklas Hansson at Elektroautomatik has worked on several projects together with the customer.
– The mechanical safety and risk reduction go without saying in all of our deliveries, Niklas says.
“We have great confidence in Elektroautomatik, whose personnel have great competence, are attentive and very clear in their communication.”
Once on site, the commissioning ran very smoothly.
– We have great confidence in Elektroautomatik, whose personnel have great competence, are attentive and very clear in their communication. Because we place great responsibility in the hands of the supplier, these are characteristics we value very highly, the customer continues.
Elektroautomatik has now received a further order for replacement of a vertical conveyor at the customer, with installation during the summer of 2017.
- Lifting capacity/max. load | 350 kg
- Type of vertical conveyor | Chain conveyor, 2-columns vertical
- Vertical conveyor, stroke/length | 5560 mm
- Vertical conveyor, weight | 4 metric tonnes
- Speed | 62-takt
- Production speed at the customer’s | Cycle time 50 seconds
- Motor control | Frequency converter, Siemens G120D
- Electrical design | E-plan P8
- PLC | Siemens step 7
- Control system | Siemens S7